This morning at one of my customer, I decided to import the last version of the SQL Management pack, which is the 184.108.40.206….
After a few hours, we noticed some very strange behaviors that were happening in the SCOM environment.
- SCOM failed to deploy database component to Data Warehouse.
- The CPU on the SQL server hosting the SCOM Date Warehouse DB was running at 100%.
- If we take a look at the CPU usage for the last few days, we could see that something is going wrong since we imported the MP.
- The Data Warehouse DB Log file increased of several GB at once and continued to grow very quickly
- In SQL, we could see that one query was really CPU Intensive.
If we look into the details, we could see that this is related to the SQLServer Virtualization Library.
- To fix the problem, just remove the followings MPs from the SCOM Management Console:
After a few minutes, you will directly see the CPU SQL of your SQL server will return to a normal situation J
There are already 2 threads on TechNet about this problem:
My good friend Marnix also blogged about it
I had the confirmation that the product team is aware of the problem and they are currently working on a fix.
I’ll keep you posted as soon as I’ve got some news from Microsoft.