One of my customer requested me to implement the Active Directory Federation Services 2.0 Management Pack on Operations Manager 2007 R2.
Management Pack is available here with the Guide :
Hopefully, one colleague of mine, that I would like to thank you, found the solution in the Know Issues on Microsoft TechNet :
In fact, there is a second pre-requisites that is not in the ADFS MP guide, we have to disable IP version 6 (IPV6) on the agent computer that is running AD FS 2.0.
We have first to disable IPv6 in the Local Area Connection Properties :
But we have also to do it in the server registry. To do that, follow the step below :
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Double-click DisabledComponents to modify the DisabledComponents entry.
Note If the DisabledComponents entry is unavailable, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisabledComponents, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DisabledComponents.
And finally, the value of the key:
- Type 0xffffffff to disable all IPv6 components, except the IPv6 loopback interface
More details on disabling IPv6 : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852
You have to do the steps above on all the servers running ADFS 2.0.
Normally, your ADFS 2.0 servers will now shortly be appear in the Operations Manager Console.